Coffee Mornings for parents are held on the last Friday of every month from 9:30am.
Additional Support Currently Provided
We use a range of intervention programmes with the children:
- Read Write Inc – a phonics based reading intervention programme; small groups or 1:1 with a LSA.
- Dyslexia-friendly reading books
- Talk Boost and various Speech and Language programmes as directed by the Speech and Language Team (ACE)
- ICT self-directed programmes; Mathletics and Reading Eggs/Express for 15 minute sessions three times a week. Some children complete them at home too.
- Precision Teaching (Toe by Toe, Plus 1, Power of 2) – this is an intensive intervention used to help children who struggle with reading and/or spelling or Number, make accelerated progress. Every child taking part in Precision Teaching sessions receives 5-10 minutes 1:1 with a LSA daily.
- Numicon – a visual and kinaesthetic way of teaching mathematics that can be used in small groups or as a whole class.
- Rainbow (Nurture) Group –targeted children attend as a group on developing self-esteem and allowing them to see a purpose to learning as well as having fun.
- Play Therapy – targeted support for pupils with SEMH difficulties
- Lego® Therapy – an intervention suitable for pupils with ASD led by our Learning Mentor to encourage social communication and cooperation.
- Various social skills interventions led by the Learning Mentor– the school has a range of interventions to develop a child’s social skills, for example Socially Speaking, Time to Talk, Lola the Lion and Circle of Friends. These are delivered as part of small group work.
- Gym Trail – led by the SENCo, is a fine and gross motor skill carousel which takes place before school where children with individual O.T. programmes or children with delayed fine and gross motor skills complete a set of fun activities.
- Yoga and Mindfulness sessions – targeted support for pupils with anxiety.
- For EAL pupils with additional learning difficulties specific intervention is provided by our EAL Champion (a dedicated LSA.)